Friday, December 26, 2014

Save the Drama for your mama...or Baby Daddy in this Case



I have a friend who is a mother of a son- she isn't with his father.  She was talking to me the other day and she asked me for my advice about how to handle her son's father.  I'm not a baby daddy handling expert although I do have a son from a previous relationship-that is the nice way of saying I have a baby daddy too.  I was a little uncomfortable, but she needed me, so I listened...


I will call her Jordan.  Jordan said that her and her son's father haven't been together in years, but for some reason he still feels like he owns her or that he can control every aspect of her life, including who she chooses to date.  The other day, she was with a guy she has been dating for months and her son's father called her and said he was ready to meet her to drop off their son to her.  He was trying to drop their son off at a different time than what they originally agreed to, but Jordan didn't mind so much because she was ready to get her son back anyway.

She told him that she would be on her way.  As she was driving over to meet him, she knew there was going to be some sort of issue because her new boo thang was in the car.  She arrives at the agreed upon destination and waits for her son's father to arrive.  Once he arrives, she gets out of the car to retrieve her son.  Her son's father sees her man in the car, who he probably recognizes from stalking her Instagram, that is before he was blocked.  His face and dimeanor completely changed.

Jordan went to open his car door and he snatches the door from her, takes their son out of the car and she said that he seemed like he wanted to get a better look at the guy, so he walks around to the other side of the car and puts their son in the car seat in her car, buckles him in, and slams the door.  He then proceeds to go back to his car and get their son's bag and he shoves it into her hand.

Jordan never lost her composure at any point and time during the situation.  She hops back in the driver's seat to leave and probably 30 minutes later sent her a text that says "I got u."  She asked me what she should do.

Well, this is a difficult question to answer because I don't know her son's father.  I have 110 questions...What does "I got u" really mean?  Has he threatened her before?  Does she believe that he would hurt her?  Has she been leading him on in some way or another?  Did she tell anyone else about the text just in case he does do something to her?

Jordan told me that even though her and her son's father have been through a lot of bad situations and he did things that hurt her like cheat on her (several times) and lie to her, he has always felt a sense of ownership over her.  She said that she knows that she has hurt him in some ways as well- she didn't elaborate.  She also said that he is on medication for some emotional issues he has been experiencing, mainly depression- Aderol and Prozac.  When she told me this I got scared for her...I hear so many stories about people who are depressed who harm/kill themselves or people they love.  The most recent story that comes to mind is Stephanie Mosley and Earl Hayes.  I'm not saying that I think he would go that far as to take her life and/or his own, but I don't know and one1 can never be too careful.  Depression and other emotional issues/disorders/diseases are serious.

I feel like a bad friend...what advice could I possibly give her?  Maybe they need to sit down and have a talk or maybe they don't because she doesn't have to divulge the details of her love life to him because his only concern should be his son, right?  Oh, one detail I forgot to mention is that her son's father is dating someone else as well, so you would think that he wouldn't be concerned about her.




If this was a friend you cared about, what would you tell her?


4 comments:

  1. I suggest to Get the courts involved in And elect court visitation. unfortunately Jordan is not able to control the situation the father seems to have a obsessive controlling behavior that could always lead to something worse so before it does get the courts involved is my suggestion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to pass that suggestion along to her because that might be the safest option at this point, especially since he's been smoking around the baby too. :(

      Delete
  2. The baby daddy should be ashamed of himself. Everyone has a right to move on and he should respect her as his baby's mother and let her move on without all of the BS. People always want to act a fool when someone moves on especially when they didn't treat you right in the first place.

    I just read above that you said he smokes in front of the baby???!!!! Doesn't he know he could cause asthma or or breathing issues for that poor sweet child?

    ReplyDelete