Thursday, September 12, 2013

I'm Convinced I Need to Change the Sign on my Forehead.




A few years ago, I was enjoying some drinks with some friends/co-workers at Wet Willies when a small group of people approached me about doing some modeling for them.  We exchanged info, but I never worked with them because the guy over the organization was very unprofessional.  I will call him Tim.


I exchanged numbers with his people to do work, not to make a hook-up.  I believe that being professional is so important when it comes to business.  I think was more interested in making me his girlfriend.  He talked about how he would wine and dine me and all this other BS.  Needless to say I wasn't impressed because a man who is talking about all the money he has and will spend on you is a turnoff...at least to me it is.  I'm sure Tim is a nice guy, but he is looking for someone who gets excited about his so called money and the so called opportunities he can provide.

Every now and then he would call/text and try and get me to do some modeling work for him, but I didn't feel like it was a good idea, so I never did.  A year or so after I met him, he contacted me looking to network because he wanted to get another job.  I passed his resume along to someone because I didn't mind helping him.  I don't know what became of that.

We later ran into each other and he was still looking for work, so I passed his resume along to someone that I thought could help him and this time he got an interview.  From what I understood he was very professional, but still full of BS when he interviewed.  Once again, I don't know what became of the situation.

A while after that he contacted me about doing some hosting for him.  I was interested in the job so I took it.  I had a great time and I thought maybe he had changed, so I decided to work with him.  Our working relationship was great.  He introduced me to some great people and he seemed like he really wanted to see me "win."

He quickly reverted back to his old ways by hitting on me and saying that he always mixes business and pleasure.  I told him I wasn't interested and that I just wanted to do a little modeling and keep it at that.  He proceeded to tell me how I was an idiot for not wanting to date him and that I need to stop dating "basic men" and get with a "real dude."  I'm not sure how he thought he knew so much about who I was dating because I never talked about that.  (Keep in mind, this was before my blog was created LOL)!

After I told him that I would not date him, he stopped calling me for modeling jobs and I was ok with that because 1 thing I will not do is be apart of what people call the "casting couch"- meaning I will not date or sleep with someone just because I think they can provide me with certain opportunities.  My mind and my body are not wired like that.  I was not attracted to him on any level- physical, mental, spiritual, etc.

I recently did a huge fashion show and honestly I was shocked that I was even apart of it.  I'm not some big time model and I am not exactly a spring chicken either LOL!  I was able to be apart of this show because of a new friend I met a couple of months ago, not through Tim.  I guess Tim saw the pictures and he started texting me.  This is how it went (please notice the times on the texts):
LOL, wait, what?  (I couldn't resist putting this pic on here).

Tim: 10:29am: Call me please
Tim: 10:45am: All I want to know is the fashion show you did as a result of my network of people.  GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY.
Tim: 10:48am: Ok,  You don't want to answer.  Now you bout to see how I am connected to the most hi above.  U asked for this.  I do good clean business.
Me: 10:51am: Are you trying to scare me?  You just text me at 10:30, it would be nice if you would give me a chance to answer....geez, calm down!
Tim: 10:53am: Nope.  Do u know who the man above is.  Is that fashion show from my network is all I asked.  U been ducking and dodging my inbox and text.  God don't like ugly.
Tim: 10:56am: I don't have to do anything.  The most hi will handle that.  All he want is the truth.  If you not truthful he will bring it out in his own way.  Good luck.
Me: 11:06am: 1st of all, I haven't been dishonest.  As a matter of fact, I haven't really spoken to you in a minute so I'm not sure why you are so hostile.  2nd, you are right, God doesn't like ugly, so you shouldn't try and use Christian scare tactics to scare another Christian. 3rd, why are you getting so upset about a show I did.  Someone I met helped me get into that show...what is wrong with you?  Maybe I am confused as to why you are asking.  Perhaps you can enlighten me.
Tim: 11:07am: Did it come from my network is all I want to know.  THE TRUTH.
Me: 11:11am:  I don't think so, I'm not sure who you know or who you do business with.
Tim: 11:12am: U told the truth.  So I'm good.

Alright, there are a couple things wrong here.  For one, I was at work when he texted me, so it is going to take more than 5 minutes for me to respond if I am doing something.  I like my job and I would like to keep it!  Secondly, I don't know why as Christians, we always feel the need to throw God in the mix when we want people to feel bad or when we want to benefit.  I thought we were supposed to use the Bible to teach and uplift people...I could see if I did something and he was trying to explain why it was wrong from a spiritual aspect, but I wasn't even mean to him.  Anyway, I'm already a Christian, he doesn't have to threaten or try and scare me.  I went to my Facebook and I saw that he had sent me a message a few days ago, but I don't check my messages everyday.  Third, I wonder if he was so concerned with how I got the job because he was trying to make some money, meaning maybe he felt like if he is the reason why I got the job I should pay him.  He isn't my manager and we haven't signed any deals and I didn't get the job because of him, so I felt like his attitude was unwarranted and he had no reason to feel entitled.

I swear I must have a sign on my forehead that says "Crazy Men Wanted."  I wasn't even trying to be with him and he is still getting all temperamental with me.  Anybody that knows me, knows that I am a lot of things, but mean is not one of those things.  Even when people are mean to me, I turn the other cheek.  I just got to the point where I can stop sugar coasting certain things and just say, "I'm just not interested" to a guy who is pursuing me because I don't like hurting peoples' feelings!

Personally, I think he is still upset because he expected me to fall into his arms because he has some industry connections.  I think dating someone for a "come up" is stupid and a waste of time.  My views on love and dating are completely different than his.  I know too many people who are stuck in a relationship with someone who they love but someone who doesn't make them happy.  I'd rather be by myself if that's the case.  Call me crazy, but I truly believe that when you decide to be with someone, the 2 of you should make each other happy.  It shouldn't be a situation where someone is riding someone's coat tail...it's important to complement each other and be able to bring something to the table.  That's my rant on that.

Today, I am changing the sign on my forehead to read, "Crazy Men Need NOT Apply!"  Or maybe it should just read, "OUT OF ORDER."







No comments:

Post a Comment