Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oh, so you mad?!


You may or may not remember Scott...I talked about him in a previous post.

Well, I had a conversation with him a few weeks ago and I basically told him that I am not really into him like that.  Sometimes I like him, but other times I don't because he is disrespectful and I don't feel like he knows how to talk to women.  I think I probably said that wrong because I think I gave him the idea that it was ok to smother me.


Now, don't get me wrong...Scott is a very nice guy, but because of the history of our friendship...or whatever you want to call it, I can't not see myself with him.  I won't lie...sometimes we hang out and I think that maybe I should give him a try because we get along great and we can pretty much talk about everything.  The problem is that I feel like he is a liar and I refuse to consider dating someone I can't trust.

What is so weird about our friendship is that he really likes me and I know this, but I can still talk to him about guys that I like.  That is more support than I could ask for from a friend and that is why I sometimes wonder if maybe I should give him a try...but I think maybe his supportive role is all apart of the game.  I mean, I would do the same thing.  If I liked a guy and he wasn't into me, I would just be a great friend to him and hope that 1 day he would see what he has been missing.  I wouldn't put my life on hold or anything though.

Anyway, I think about 2 weeks ago I told him that I don't think he understands the dynamic of our friendship because although we are friends he still hits on me and texts me good morning and calls me pet names.  (For some reason I have always hated when guys I'm not into call me pet names...it's annoying)!  He said, I don't care what you say, I'm still going to try and be with you.  Ok, if you have read any of my previous posts, you know that I don't have great luck with men and I did have a guy who invited himself over to my house at 2 or 3 am and stalked me for like 3 hours...not cool.  I don't like when people push themselves on me or continue to be persistent.  I'm not the type to just get worn down and give in...I'm the type that gets annoyed and will ignore you until I feel like giving you my time.  (That sounded mean, but this is my safe place and I am supposed to be honest, right)?

Needless to say, I was even more turned off, but Scott kept being persistent.  A couple of days ago, I asked him why he is so persistent and he went into this spill about how he really cares about me and likes me...blah blah blah.  It was sweet, BUT I feel like if you like me, you have to respect the fact that I am not into you or atleast not smother me and MAYBE I will come around.

The story doesn't end there.  Yesterday, I felt like he said something annoying to me, so I stopped responding to his texts.  He kept texting so I figured I should tell him I thought he was rude.  He basically asked me if lunch was on me today aka take him to lunch.  I'm going to be 100% real right now.  He did me a favor and I told him I would take him to lunch as a thank you.  I never did because I felt like he would view it as a date and that would be leading him on and I don't want to do that, but even before then he was always asking if I would take him on a date.  If YOU like ME, you should be asking if YOU can take me OUT.  I have no problem going on a date and paying, but as a woman, you need to let me be the one to suggest that I pay.  Any of my exes can tell you that I don't mind treating them to a date because sometimes I am sure a guy wants to be treated, but you don't just suggest I pay especially when you want me.  Now, Scott is very funny/silly so he may have just been playing but some jokes get old and annoying.  Maybe I am just in a bad mood, but I would say at least once a week he is asking me to treat him to lunch.

Ok, back to the story.  Scott continued to text me and he called me.  I didn't feel like talking to him so I rejected him, then he texted me asking to talk.  He even had the nerve to say he needed to stop by so he could do something for his class...ok, really?  Stop trying to use any old excuse to come see me.  I'm not in the mood...just chill out.  I texted him and told him I feel like he is smothering me.  I am SINGLE....that means I do NOT have a boyfriend....so no guy should be stressing me out.

He called me last night, I answered and told him I would call him back he huffed in the phone and hung up...I didn't and he texted me an hour or so after the call and said, "I guess you aren't going to call back."  Why the hell do I feel like I have a boyfriend and I don't?!  I responded and said I would call him the next day.  The truth is I think I need to probably be very blunt, but although he is annoying I don't want to hurt him.  I am just frustrated because I said I am not really into him like that and he keeps pushing.  Just leave it alone.  Just be a friend.  What else am I supposed to say?

He hasn't texted me at all today, so I guess he is trying to play mad.  Why is he mad?  I am the 1 getting smothered and suffocated!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment