Friday, February 14, 2014

I finally Understand 2/14....I think!


First....HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all you beautiful lovers and single people!

I am going to be brutally honest today, as if I'm not every other day lol.  Almost every Valentine's Day I am single, but I am happy.  I'm still single, but when I woke up this morning I was not feeling it today...I think I have good reason, but you can be the judge.


Ok, I'm still getting to know Maurice.  The "fire" has kind of died down a bit.  Let me give you a little background.  Maurice travels 4 months out of the year for work, so he has been gone since the day after Christmas.  I went to see him in January for a couple of days, which was great. Him and I met on a dating site, so I decided to log into the dating site to see if his profile is still on there....and to my surprise, his profile is still on the site, he has updated his information and his pictures.  As a matter of fact, he has even gone as far as to put up a picture that I took of him on 1 of our dates!  Maybe I brought this on myself, but I'm beyond pissed!  This means that he is probably still "entertaining" other women!  He told me he wasn't talking to anyone else, but why would he feel the need to update his dating profile?!  I came up with 2 things: 1. He is an attention whore or 2. Maybe he isn't as interested in me as he led me to believe.  Either way, I'm mad because for once I decided to place most of my eggs in 1 basket and I didn't realize the basket had a hole in it.  You got steak and potatoes at home, but you want to keep picking up hotdogs off the ground?!

On top of that, Maurice was in a bad mood today due to work stress and he forgot to tell me happy valentine's day...when I brought it to his attention, he said he has been single for a long time so he hasn't had a valentine in a while so he didn't really realize what today was.  He apologized...but I am a bit upset.  I did follow my woman's intuition and I got him absolutely nothing for Valentine's Day.  Something just told me not to get him anything...Christmas and his birthday are in the same month.  I got him 2 great gifts because I love surprising people.  I guess I kind of felt like it was my turn to get a surprise.  LOL, I got a surprise alright!

This morning, I got a Valentine's Day call from a guy who loves me no matter who I'm with or who I'm trying to be with.  I thought it was really sweet because he never expects anything from me, he just loves me.  I hope one day he finds someone to love him the way he loves me.  If I had to get married tomorrow, I would marry him without hesitation.

On the way to work, a song came on the radio and I won't lie, the song kind of "touched me" and I cried a couple of tears...by couple I mean like 10 lol.  My son said,"Mommy, are you crying?"  I told him, yeah because I was a little sad.  He said, "Mommy I'm going to give you a kiss and make it all better."  That made me want to cry even more...HOW SWEET!  Let me just say, I'm not crying over Maurice or because I'm single, as a woman I'm entitled to be emotional sometimes and my emotional day just happens to be on Feb. 14th.  Thanks to this "bc" I have way more emotional days than normal ugh!

I also spoke with my son's father and I told him I wasn't having such a great day.  When he came to pick up my son, he brought me flowers...I almost started crying because him and I may not always get along, but he always seems to come through during clutch time.  I thought that was really sweet and it has proved to me how much he has grown as a man.

I thought that it was important to make a post today, especially for the single people that read my blog.  Valentine's Day isn't just for people that are in love, it's for people who love...that means everyone.  Today, you may not have a significant other, but I bet you have at least 1 person who loves you...it could be your child, a parent, or even a friend.  Today is just a reminder about spreading the love you should be spreading throughout the entire year.

Happy Valentine's Day...spread some love today!  (LOL, that sounded like an infomercial)!

No comments:

Post a Comment