Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I'm Baaaaaaaccccckkkkk!


So, I know I don't have to say it, but it's been a while.  I took a little break from writing, not because there was a lack of material, but I just wasn't really up to writing...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Anyway, I know you want the juice....so here it is.  I think in previous posts, I called my love interest Maurice, well Maurice and I were going strong up until  probably February and I realized that emotionally I just wasn't in it anymore.  Here is my reasoning and I know you guys are going to roast me for some of the things I say, but I can take it because this is how I really feel.
  • I got nothing for Christmas....I let that slide.
  • I got nothing for Valentine's Day.  I barely got a Happy Valentine's Day...I let that slide because he wasn't in the country.
  • I got nothing for my birthday...I did NOT let that slide.  Yes, he was still out of the country, but he could have had some flowers sent to my job or even my house. 
  • He keeps more in touch with his social media friends more than me...when he landed back in the states, I only knew because his status happened to pop up in my FB timeline.  I didn't say anything.  He finally sent me a text saying he was in the states a day or so later.  I think he would be in the states for a week before leaving again and not once did he call me, especially since I hadn't heard his voice in like 3 months.
  • He came back in town Saturday and I have yet to receive a text or a phone call from him.
  • I feel like his career is more important than I will ever be to him...he has a really great job, but I wish he would have made it clear that he was unwilling make time for me.
  • He started posting pics of him and other women "friends."
  • People in his family complained about how he wasn't staying in contact with them- if he does that to family, I don't stand a chance.
  • I put 110% into our "situation" while he only put about 70%- that is my fault I suppose.
I am sure you guys are thinking, aw, poor thing...don't...I don't need any sympathy, I'm actually good.  Emotionally I left this "situation" months ago, but I kind of stuck around to see if things would change because I had a discussion with him about how I felt.  Nothing changed, so I checked out.  As a matter of fact, I started meeting new people.  This is the part I feel like you guys are going to roast me on...I know I should have just told him that I am no longer interested, but I didn't feel like I owed him that.  He was barely communicating with me, so I think it was clear that neither 1 of us was into each other anymore.

When I think about how close I felt like we were, it is hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that he didn't feel like he wanted to talk/communicate with me.  We talked about everything with each other and I think that both of us should have set some time aside to end whatever it was that we had going on.  It's just weird.

On the flip side, once I stopped worrying about him, I put my energy elsewhere.  I have been investing my time in something a lot more rewarding than the relationship we tried to build....lol, no not another man.  I will talk to you more about that later.

I also started working out again. Looking and living well is the best revenge...right?  (No, I'm not seeking revenge...oh Lord, I may have just opened another can of worms).

No comments:

Post a Comment