Friday, October 3, 2014

My faith in love has been restored...hopefully this isn't too mushy for you guys...


Ok, so I've been keeping a little secret.  I have been getting to know someone for almost 6 months...I know I know, you want to know why I have been holding out.  Well, the answer is simple, I didn't want to jinx it and I felt like revealing too much about him would do just that.  Now I'm ready to tell you about him and how we met.


I'm going to call him Deon.  We met back in April just before my birthday...at a club...don't judge me, but yes, him and I met at the club.  I try to stay away from club guys because I feel like they only want 1 thing.  Anyway, I'm at the club celebrating my birthday with a few friends and I look across the dance floor and see this guy who I can't take my eyes off of.  He has a beautiful smile and the sexiest lips I have ever seen outside LL Cool J and  he is just all around sexy.  To me, he was the sexiest guy in the club and I made up in my mind before the end of the night I would have his number.  I'm not into approaching guys, so I had to work my lil magic and get him to come over to me. 

I tried to observe him and see if he was with any females.  I didn't see him talking to any other women, so that was a plus.  While I'm checking this guy out, guys keep coming up talking to me and I'm thinking, c'mon move dude, so I can get this other guy I have my eye on to come over.  All the time that I am checking him out, he doesn't even give me a second glance, so I was beginning to wonder if he was even interested.  I wasn't going to give up, so I walked to the bar to get a drink and on my way back to meet up with my friends, I see him coming up the stairs that I am about to go down.  I tell myself to keep it cool.  He looks at me and I smile that "sexy club smile" that women use to entice a guy and he smiles back.  He stops and we talk a little and exchange numbers.  When he leans in to talk to me in my ear, he smells like God himself sprinkled heaven on his neck OMG!  To this day, when he wears that cologne, it does something to me!

Later that night, we danced to a few songs and it's apparent to me he is into me because him and I dance until me and my friends decide to leave.  The chemistry that we had when we were dancing was absolutely electric. 

The following Monday, we decide to link up at an Atlanta bar to chat and have a couple of drinks.  I walk into the bar and I am praying that he is as fine as I remember (you know club lights can be deceiving)...I see him waiting for me at the bar.  He is still as sexy as I remember...and those lips OMG!  We vibe really well and I didn't want the night to end.  At midnight, he remembers that it's my birthday so he tells me happy birthday and we have 1 last drink to celebrate.  Once we leave the bar, I trust him enough to drive me to my car.  Before I get out, he leans in and gives me the most passionate kiss I've had in a long time.  His lips are so soft...*sigh....after that the rest is history.

We have been talking ever since then.  He lives about 40 min from me, so I see him at least twice a week and if I told you how amazing he is, you probably wouldn't believe me.  After almost 6 months of talking, there is not 1 thing I dislike about him and I'm still super attracted to him.  He treats me like he only has eyes for me and I'm the most beautiful woman in the world.  He always compliments me even when I feel like I look busted and I have no makeup up on.  He loves my natural hair, he loves my scent, and he is affectionate.  When we go places it's like him and I are in our own little bubble and no one else matters.  He really knows how to treat a woman and he gets along with my sisters, my friends, AND my son.  YES, I said my son!  I get along with his friends and his brother.  He is virtually perfect for me.  I can really be myself and I can talk to him about anything.  He supports me in everything that I do and I think he has more confidence in me than I have in myself.  When he smiles at me, my heart skips a beat.  When he touches me, my knees get weak.  Sometimes his scent gets in my hair, so when the wind blows, I smell him and I instantly get this weird fuzzy feeling inside and I can't help but smile.  I can't talk about him without smiling.  (I am currently smiling as I type this).  We don't play those dating games, we do what we want and he keeps it so real with me.  I love cooking for him and we open each others' minds to different things and activities.  With him, I'm free.  I pray for him more than I pray for myself.  When he looks at me, I feel like he can see straight through me right into my heart.


For the first time in a long time I am not afraid to commit.  With the previous guy I dated, I distanced myself from guys that couldn't respect the fact that I was talking to someone because I felt like that was what I was supposed to do.  With Deon, I distance myself from guys who hit on me because I want to distance myself from them, not because the dating handbook says that is what I'm supposed to do.  When I go out, I don't want to get other guys' numbers.  I haven't run across any man in my life that looks at me with the passion that Deon does.  He is so amazing.  I feel like even if we don't get together, he will always have a special place in my heart.  Before him, I was starting to think that maybe there was no one out there for me, but it's true that there is someone for everyone.  I hope that him and I continue talking and building upon what we have.  We aren't official, but in my eyes, he already belongs to me.

To put it simply, he has restored my faith in love...take that how you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment