Friday, October 25, 2013

Matchmakers, Deal Breakers, & a Whole Lot of Attitude!



 Today is one of those days...I'm just not feeling it!  I'm caught up in my feelings, I'm annoyed, and if anyone so much as says anything smart or ignorant to me today, I am going to do my best to turn the other cheek, but I can't make any promises.  I might need to sit down and say a lil prayer because I promise you today is NOT the day!


I can't say exactly what is wrong because I don't really know.  I think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something.  It could also be a few small things that have built up over the course of a week.  Here goes my rant...

Last week I met with a matchmaker who owns the largest matchmaking firm in the Southeast.  We had a long discussion about who I am and what I want out of life.  She seemed like she really understood who I am.  I gave her minimal information at first and she was able to pinpoint my personality down to the "T."  We talked about my past relationships, my relationship with my son's dad, friendships, and even my relationship with my mother and father.  We got really in depth.  At the end of our conversation, she wanted to match me and said she would call me on Monday....today is Friday......... DISAPPOINTMENT- people need to follow through, that isn't good business practice.

A guy friend of mine has made it clear that it is interested in me.  I'm not really feeling him like that so I prefer our friendship.  I did the right thing and told me and I talk to him like I did before I knew he liked me.  In my eyes, nothing has changed, but he has become distant and weird.  He will send texts and say he misses talking to me.  My response is just call...why is he acting all weird?!.....He keeps saying I am going to call you tonight/later and he never calls....ANNOYED- people act like they want the truth, but the truth is, they can't handle the truth.

A friend of mine wanted to set me up on a date this weekend...a blind date.  I really didn't want to go, but I have very little to do this weekend, so I said I would go.  I sent him a text yesterday to get the details and he never responded...ANNOYED/DISSAPOINTED AGAIN- you asked me to do this and now you don't want to respond?!  I didn't ask you to set me up on a date.  The least he could do is let me know that you don't need me to go anymore.  Have some respect for my time.  I left Friday and Saturday open because I was waiting for him to give me the details.  When he finally gives me the details, I will no longer be available. even if I have absolutely nothing to do this weekend.


This past week has made me realize that a major deal breaker for me is no follow through because it leads to disappointment and I later have a hard time believing anything the person says.  Disappointment is a part of life, but I think when a person is ok with not following through with you and you allow it, it sets the bar really low.  I think this is why I have so much respect for my mom.  There was never a time that I can remember her saying that she was going to do something for/with me and not doing it.  I try and be the same with my son, my friends, and anyone I give my word to.  If someone can't follow through, I would prefer them just be honest and say they are unsure about something rather than to give me their word.

Now that I have that off my chest, I already feel a lil better.  If you read this, say a little prayer for me...oh and cheers people, it's Friday!
Friday Dance!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the online dating sites? I met with a matchmaker, and it just wasn't my cup of tea. I've been on blind dates, tried taking a good friendship to the next level, and none of it worked for me. I tried eHarmony and Match.com, and I went on a bunch of dates with some really great guys. I did end up with my current boyfriend, and it's only been 6 months. I can say as of right now, we're in love and I'm so glad I took the chance. I did enjoy the experience though. I was able to go through profiles and take things at a pace that I was comfortable with. Yes, there are dangers, but as long as you are smart, you can navigate the waters of online dating. It's no worse than the naive trust we had as college students and meeting guys at a bar and expecting those flings to work out. Stay strong, keep your head, and know that "he's" out there probably wondering where you are too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took your advice and I meet an amazing guy. I plan on writing about him soon :)

      Delete