Thursday, October 17, 2013

Throwback Thursday Storytime: Speed Dating Stalker...Never Again!



A few years ago, I decided to go speed dating.  I even convinced 2 of my friends to go.  Speed dating was on my bucket list, so I was determined to see what it was about.  Once we got our tickets we planned our outfits and all that girly stuff.


On the day of the event, we all looked great.  We showed up at an Irish Pub in Buckhesd where it was being held and decided to have a drink to knock off the edge.  I had never seen any drinks like the ones at this place.  I chose a shot followed by a shot of pickle juice...I can't remember what it was called....it sounds nasty, but it wasn't bad.  (The pickle juice taken after the shot made the shot less "intense").

When it was time for the speed dating to begin, the moderator had all the women sit at various tables and we were given a piece of paper to write down the name or assigned dating number of the guy we liked.  I think we were given about a minute to talk to each guy.  Once the bell rung, the guy would get up and move to the next table.  No one was allowed to exchange any contact info.  If the woman chose a guy that was interested in her, the moderator would give her contact info to the other person.

Now let me tell you, speed dating is exactly like it is on tv.  The are some normal people, but there are also a lot of weirdos/eclectic personalities sprinkled in LOL.  I remember meeting a guy who was extremely weird and he asked me some pretty strange questions about superheros, colors, and video games.  Needless to say, I couldn't wait until my minute was up with him.  I also met a guy who had like 7 kids...now I love kids, but I think I want to have at least 1 more child before my eggs dry up...I am not quite sure I am ready to join a Brady Bunch type family with a whole team of kids LOL!  I remember meeting a guy who was relatively short, but he was unique in that he was Irish and African American.  He had the most beautiful eyes, but something about his personality said stalker, so I tried to steer clear of him LOL!

After speed dating was over, we turned in our papers and would have to wait 5-7 days to receive our matches.  As we mingled and ate, Mr. Stalker came over and tried to get my number, which was against the rules, so I told him I wrote him down as a match and that we would get each other's contact anyway....which was a lie lol.  Oddly enough, me and 1 of my friends got almost all the same matches.  I talked to my matches a few times, but it turned out that 1 was a bit weird and the other was obsessed with me and I think he was a lot older than he looked.  I'm not interested in dating someone who could be my dad's age LOL.  One of the girls that went with me told me she had talked to 1 of the guys that was a match for me and she found him to be a bit weird as well.  Even if he wasn't weird, I could not seriously date him especially since he was trying to get to know my friend through no fault of his own-he didn't know that we came together.

The story doesn't end there....Mr. Stalker, found me on some website and tried to e-mail me....needless to say, he got no response after several attempts.  This just goes to show that woman's intuition is usually dead on...I knew something about him said stalker!

The moral of the story is that speed dating is fun, but def not meant to be taken serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment