Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Coming out the Woodworks...Isn't that how the Saying Goes?


I can't tell you how many men have come out the woodwork since I met Maurice?  Isn't that how the saying goes?  What's a woodworks anyway lol?


Anybody that knows me, knows that I am the type of person that will get to know more than 1 person at the same time...that is as long as there is no intimacy- kissing, sex, etc..  (Once you add "kissing and stuff" that would be a whole different story).  What I mean by that is that, if I am interested in someone, I talk to them while I may be getting to know someone else.  That sounds so bad when I put it in writing.  Well, I decided that while I get to know Maurice, I'm not going to "entertain" other men-I am going to exclusively date him.  That may have been why things were going to wacky for me before.

Now, don't go jumping to conclusions.  I am still single, but I am just trying to do things a little different.  I think it's important to focus on 1 person at a time so that an accurate analysis can be made about whether or not I like someone.  That sounded so clinical lol!

When I met Maurice and I felt like I liked him, I decided that I would do things this way.  A couple of weeks, he said something to me that let me know he was on the same page as me without me even having to say anything.  Well, since I made this decision, guys from my past have been coming out of no where and new guys have been trying to enter the picture.  I can't tell you how many conversations I have had in the past couple of weeks about my relationship status and my interest level....there have been way too many "I'm just not that into" phrases coming out of my mouth lately.  I never understood why this happens.  It's like men can smell when you may possibly be taken off the market or when you just want to be alone.  (It's probably the same with women too lol).

Don't talk to me like that...cause I'm a lady.*Shanaynay Voice
Anyway, this leads me to another conversation I want to have with you guys.  After I let these men know that I am interested in someone, some of them have the nerve to proposition me for sex or for the oh so coveted position of their jump off (I'm being sarcastic)...I'm trying really hard not to rant, but are these men serious?!  Wait, let me take a step back...let me take several steps back...what is it about me that says, "Oooo, pick me, pick me!  I want to be your side piece."  I don't have sexual or suggestive conversations with men like that.  I am open about my experience to people that I am close to, but I don't advertise that type of thing.  Further more, if I say I like someone and I have a genuine interest in them, what makes a man think I am interested in just having some random sex with them.  If I wanted to get some, don't they think I would be trying to get it from the guy that I like?!  Maybe some men will just be mannish like that...or maybe common sense isn't really that common....or maybe women that have lots of random sex mess it up for the regular women who don't want to do that...or maybe guys figure you never know unless you try....lol, I don't know. 

I try not to take guys too seriously.  I think I handled those couple of situations very well.  I didn't snap, I just told them I'm not interested in doing that because I like someone.  Now, if they had caught me on the wrong day...they may have gotten snapped on...I'm just being honest. *Future voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment