Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I think I Have Kept You Waiting Long Enough...Here is the Good News!



The good news is that I have actually found someone I like :).
He is amazing and I am not embarrassed to say that I met him online.  Just to backtrack a little, at the end of last year, God and I had a conversation.  I was talking to him about love and the things that I want for myself and my son for this year.  God told me that he was going to bring something special into my life this year.  As November approached, I wondered if I had misunderstood God or if I was overlooking the person he had brought to me as the year is almost over.  In mid October, I purchased some Larimar, which is a blue stone that is thought to be able to help you attract your soul mate or bring love into your life because of its positive energies.  I bought this as a reminder of the promise that God had made to me.  Sometimes it helps for me to have something physical as a reminder like a vision board.  (Speaking of a vision board, I need to start updating mine for next year).  (Don't worry, I'm a Christian, I'm not into magic or anything crazy lol I just needed something physical and that Larimar helped me re-focus every time I passed it-I placed it on my dresser next to my cross so I would see it every time I left my bedroom).

In the previous post, I mentioned that I was giving online dating a real try.  I made a profile probably over a year ago, but never really took it serious or even tried to be open to it.  When I first made my profile, this really cute guy with the most beautiful smile and hazel-ish green eyes sent me a message.  We chatted online for quite a while and finally we exchanged numbers, but never met up.  We texted from time to time, until we both fell off.

When I decided to give online dating a real try, he messaged me again.  He asked me why we never met up.  I couldn't really answer that.  All I remember is that I felt like I was always the 1 to text him and he didn't seem that into me, so I just called it quits.  He asked me on a date and we decided to meet up to go bowling.  I was very excited to meet him because his pictures were very attractive and he seemed very nice.  I threw on a pair of my favorite jeans, a cute lil purple top, and my favorite nude heels.  I also put on my Riri Woo lipstick because I wanted to add a lil spice to the outfit.  I was about 10 minutes late to the bowling alley, so I called him and let him know.  I felt bad, but he wasn't fazed by it.  Once I arrived, I went to the door to wait for him...as he walked up, I tried to take in everything about him.  He was tall, just like in his pictures, his smile was gorgeous, just like in his pictures, and his eyes were that perfect hazel-ish green color, and he dressed like he actually wanted me to like him, unlike the previous online guy.  He passed part 1 of my inspection.

He hugged me and I "exhaled."  (Ladies, if you have seen Waiting to Exhale, you know what I
mean).  He was gorgeous and he smelled like perfection.  He even complimented me, which gave me a sense of relief because that meant he felt like I looked just like my pictures and the attraction was still there.

This bowling alley that we chose is a bowling alley that I use to go to a lot in high school.  The doors opened and everything inside was renovated.  It looked very upscale and all the staff was very nice.  They even added a little fire pit outside so when it's cold, you can sit outside and still be toasty.  They help size you for a ball, get your shoes, and when you are done, they come and get your shoes and your balls for you.  The lighting is romantically dim and the lanes are lit up like a nightclub.  The booth surrounding your bowling lane is very plush and comfy.  It was perfect for our first date.  Neither 1 of us is particularly great at bowling, but our conversation and our flirty vibe made it so much fun.  We had a drink and just really enjoyed each other's company. 

After we finished bowling, he asked if I wanted to go anywhere else.  I know what that meant- he was enjoying my company and didn't want the night to end :).  I was excited because I felt the same way.  We decided to go to a karaoke bar around the corner and listen to some music and have a drink and some food.  Neither 1 of us could muster up the courage to sing in front of the other, so we just watched and laughed at people as they got up there and sang their hearts out.  There was never a moment where it was awkward or weird.  I felt like I knew him and our chemistry was great.

At the end of the night, we sat in my car and talked for a little while.  We decided that we would see each other again tomorrow.  When I drove home that night, I couldn't thank God enough that I had finally had a good date.  This symbolized a lot of things to me: 1. I'm not a lost cause when it comes to dating.  I was beginning to wonder if maybe all these guys that I tried to date weren't crazy and it was actually me that was crazy lol. 2. God's promise had been revealed in the form of a 6'2" man, who was nice, respectful, handsome, smart, has a great career, loves his family, and admires the fact that I am a mom.  (Thank you God)!

I know you guys are thinking, you just met this guy, how do you know that he is the promise that God made to you.  Let me tell you.  For me, God speaks to me through my gut.  I got nothing but good vibes from him the entire night.  I met him in person on November 1st and we have had at least 7 dates since the day we met.  (He had to go out of town for work Nov. 9th, so I haven't seen him since.  He won't be back until the end of the month).  I still really like everything about him and we talk everyday.  We have "Skype dates" pretty frequently too.  He hasn't once annoyed me...there haven't been any red flags...No matter what happens, all I know is that I am really enjoying his company and I am looking forward to seeing more of him.  We already have our next date set for when he returns.  It's actually a date that I setup...it's something he has never done before.  I am so excited!  (Ladies, I think it's ok to pay for a date if you really like someone.  After all, guys invest hundreds of dollars in dates for us, we can return the favor sometimes).  He asked me how much it was, I think he wants to reimburse me what I paid for this, but my lips are sealed.

I know I like this guy because I still get butterflies when we talk and when I think about him-yes, I have them now.  As a matter of fact, I have started letting the guys in my life that are currently pursuing me know that I am not interested in dating them...this really should have been done a long time ago.  Better late then never, right?  Don't worry, I'm not jumping the gun, this guy and I have had a couple of conversations about us meeting/getting other peoples' numbers and we are on the same page.  Hopefully things work out between him and I...even if they don't I can see us being great friends at the very least.  Also, meeting him has helped me to clean house AKA get rid of all the guys in my life that are just there to hit on me and try and get a date when I know I have no interest in them.

I was so excited to tell you about this guy that I forgot to give him a name....hmmmm....I will call him Maurice.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment