Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Matchmaker Friend...Eh, Wish Me Luck!

Last week, I got a Facebook message from a girl I used to work with.  I wouldn't call us friends, because we only communicate on social networks but she is really nice and for some reason I trust her judgment.  If we had worked together longer I def think we could have developed a friendship.  She sent me a message and wanted to know if I was open to being setup with 1 of her friends.

I have actually solicited the help of a REAL professional matchmaker in the past.  I won't put her name of the name of her company because my experience was a bit weird.
  I signed up on the matchmaker's website, which entailed filling out an application and lucky me, I came at a time when she was offering to add new members into the database for free.  If the company thought they could match you, you would receive an e-mail.  About a month went by and I got an e-mail to sign up for a Skype Consultation with the company owner.  I was scared and nervous, so the day of my consultation I was all dolled up and signed onto Skype.  The matchmaker was late, but it was because they were experiencing some technical/power issues.  She actually couldn't Skype, so she called me and did my consultation over the phone.  She said she had a limited database of men for me because most of her clients are in New York and California and are a bit older, but she would add me to the database.  She said she didn't want to charge me for any service because she couldn't guarantee a match for me in Atlanta, which I thought was fair.  She also said I would receive a "Welcome Package."  The "Welcome Package" never arrived (by mail or e-mail) so I called them and they never called back.  To me, that could mean a couple of things:  She never intended to send me a package because she wasn't interested, she sent it and it never came, or they are just so busy that my little database profile fell by the wayside.  Either way, I was disappointed.

Anyway, back to the story.  Normally, I don't like stuff like that because I don't think people know my tastes or preferences, but something is telling me to give it go.  She told me his name and to look him up in her friends list.  Of course I can look at anyone's friends on Facebook except hers...probably because I actually need to.  (You gotta love the complexity that is Facebook LOL).  I let her know I couldn't find him, so she gave me a little background on him and offered to send me some pics of him.

He has his own car, home, and he also has a daugther (with no drama).  He has a degree, is handsome, and in good shape, and he is 6'6."  Sounds good so far...

I got the pics...he is handsome.  She gave me his number, but I haven't called or texted...I'm actually a bit nervous.  I'm not quite sure how to start the conversation.  Hopefully I stop being a punk and send a message soon because I don't want too much time to pass.

I guess, I just need to keep an open mind and remain positive and see how this goes...I'm not sure what to say though...ugh...




No comments:

Post a Comment