Monday, July 8, 2013

Should I be Offended or am I Over- Reacting?!


This past weekend, I have been super sick with a really bad cold thanks to my son lol!  All weekend, we pretty stayed in and tried to get over the worst part of the cold together, the chills, cold sweats, fever, incessant coughing, etc.

Sunday, we decided to take a little trip to the mailbox on our way back home from the store.  As soon as I pulled up to the mailbox, I saw this gorgeous guy posting some flyers near my mailbox.  I wanted to sit in car until he left because I knew I looked horrible.  I still had a bit of a fever and I was dressed in sweats and a boy beater, with my hair pulled back into a ponytail and not a drop of makeup...not even chapstick/lip gloss.

I knew I couldn't hide in the car, so I mustered up the courage to get out of the car...I just decided I would avoid eye contact at all costs.  As soon as I got out of the car, he looked in my direction and said,
"hello beautiful, how are you?"  Ok, I know I was supposed to avoid eye contact but it was like my eyes were drawn to him, he was really attractive.

I smiled back and said, "Hey, I'm doing ok...just have a bit of a cold so I sound like a man lol."  He immediately turned towards me and said that he didn't think I sounded like a man and that he thought I was gorgeous.  Yes, I was smiling and blushing, but I said thanks, despite the fact that I knew I looked like I had been living under s rock all weekend.

As I headed back towards my car, he said, "Wait, before you go let me give you a flyer."  I waited and he gave me a flyer detailing a pretty expensive watch and ring that was stolen in the last couple of weeks that he wanted to recover.  He asked me my name and he gave me his whole name...kind of weird, but whatever.  I will call him CD.  He asked me for my number and oddly enough, I gave it to him.  (I rarely ever give my number out).  I figured that if he thought I was attractive in these sweats, he might really appreciate me when I was all dolled up.  He asked me what I do?  I told him and he "oogled" my body for a second, then said, you have a really nice body.  It was a bit weird, so I just said thanks.  He laughed and said maybe he could bring me some medicine later.  I just laughed and got in my car.

Later that night, he called me, but I was busy getting my son back to sleep so I told him I would call him later.  Once I called him, he was busy, so he said he would text me.  Here is part of the test conversation:

Him: LOL you need to drink some rum and sweat it off
Me: LOL my aunt said the same thing
Him: That's the best remedy and I got the rum just have to find a way to make you sweat

This is why texting gets people in trouble.  I hope I'm not jumping to any conclusions, but he better not be insinuating what I think he is.  I always find it weird when guys say things that can taken sexually when they don't really know someone.  Maybe I'm just super sensitive because I'm abstinent.

Just to give you a little more background, earlier in the texts he mentioned stopping by my house.  I don't allow people, especially men that I have just met to come to my house.  For one, that is dangerous and I have a son so I don't like potential crazies knowing where I live.  Maybe him wanting to come to my home or oogling my body at the mailbox should have been a sign that he is only after my "boom boom box" or is this just his way of flirting.

Should I be offended or am I over-reacting?

2 comments:

  1. Yea he was thinking about sex but I would not take offense he was basically trying to see if you were classy bc a hood rat would have jumped on that lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jared for reading and commenting Jared! I actually ignored him when he sent that text, so hopefully he gets that I don't get down like that lol.

      Delete