Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Am I Really Wrong for This?




Ok, I need you guys to be blunt with me on this.  Dave, which is a guy that I have talked about in a previous post (Click Here for Background on Dave)  contacted me Sunday. As soon as I saw his name pop up on my phone, I was annoyed, so I waited like an hour before I responded.  Here is how the conversation went:


Dave: Yo what are you doing?
Me: Hanging with family
Dave: Weird, but I got a friend who wants to meet you at my house.  U should come over.  I'll be here.
Me: Did they go to school with us and is it a guy
*(If you have read my previous post about Dave, you will understand why I had to ask if it was a guy.  I'm not sure why he is so stuck on trying to hook me up with his female friend).
Dave: No and no, but it is a plus for both of us!!! Hint
Me: I'm so confused...I'm not sure I get the hint.  There is only 1 of your friends that I would consider talking to but he is a GUY.
Dave: No we just having drinks over here, u should join.  Bring a bag just in case.
*(I'm assuming he means an overnight bag, which means that he must think something is going down between me, him, and this random girl...how rude)!
Me: No.  Are you drunk?
Dave: Maybe
Me: I will take that as a yes.  Goodnight.

I feel like there are a couple of things I need to break down here.  I really wanted to snap on him because I feel like this was extremely disrespectful, but I I don't feel like he is really worth getting upset over.  I am really emotional, so I feel like if I show too much emotion, he will think that I care (and I really don't), but there is a fine line and he has completely crossed the line.  I really think that his goal is to keep pushing me until I explode on him.  I know his personality and I just can't give him the satisfaction of seeing me blow up on him.  I rarely waste time cursing someone out or snapping unless it is really necessary...I have never really been the type to enjoy yelling at someone.  To me, it's pointless.

Today, I was thinking...Dave feels like it is ok to disrespect me, so that means that I have free range to say whatever I want back to him right?  Would it be wrong for me to text him and say:  Hey Dave, do you still hang out with M&M?  (M&M is this guy that I have had a crush since I first laid eyes on him in college.  I may have mentioned him in a previous post.  M&M is gorgeous, tall, and he has the perfect amount of muscle, style....oh and his smile is just.....wait, I need to focus, sorry lol).  I know Dave will say no, I don't hang out with him, but I talk to him ocassionally, so then I will say, if you want to hook me up with someone, feel free to hook me up with him because I have always had a huge crush on him.  LOL...I bet that would throw him for a loop because he wouldn't expect me to come right out and say that.  It might actually make him stop texting me.

Ok, now I know you are probably going to say, no, that is wrong and I shouldn't play into his little games, but if he really wants to play matchmaker, I can help him help me.  I'm just feeling like a rebel lately and tired of being a goody and I think sometimes it's ok to put people in their place without snapping out.  Is that so wrong?

2 comments:

  1. There is a clear answer to this question. Don't ever EVER EVER answer his phone calls or text messages again. Just like he isn't worth cursing out, he isn't worth answering. He deserves silence, for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I love the way you put that. You just might be right!

      Delete