Monday, August 5, 2013

Mom Says It's Time for You to Get a Steady Boyfriend!

Last week, I was having some random/general conversation with my mother.  She stops the conversation about says, "Can I ask you a question?"  You know what that means....it's about to get uncomfortable.  Of course, I replied yes and she asked me
why I am still in contact with my exes.  I knew the questions was about to be a weird, but I had no idea where this was coming from.  I stuttered a little and asked her if she was asking about a particular ex.  Honestly speaking I don't have a lot of exes.  I have dated a lot, but not everyone I have dated has become a boyfriend.  She didn't really say anything, so I was like Nel is my son's father, so I have to keep in contact with him, Allen was my last boyfriend and we had a pretty good relationship, so I don't see the point in not talking to him. 

My mom interrupted and said, what about Izzy?  (Izzy is the first guy that I dated in college.  We were never "official").  I told my mom that Izzy was never my boyfriend, we never got to that point.  I told her that I try not to burn bridges with people because you just never know.  She was silent for a second and said..."I need you to get a boyfriend, a steady boyfriend."

WHAT?!  Did she really just say that?  I wasn't sure what to say so I thought for a second and then replied, I'm trying mom, but I can't just commit to anyone.  I don't think I'm afraid of commitment, but I am afraid of committing to a loser.  Those situations are always hard to let go of and with me having a son, I am very particular about who I date.  No one that I date is around my son, but when I make a commitment and decide that the time is right to introduce him to my son, I want him to have the understanding that my son is the most important person in my life and I am responsible for his wellbeing and that if we decide to take our relationship to the next level, my son will have to be a priority to him as well.  She's  like I know I know, I just want you to find the right guy and be happy.

Ok, on 1 hand it's sweet, but on the other hand....I thinks she wants another grandchild LOL!  My plan is to only have more children if I am married or maybe if I'm 32 and I am still single.  I still have a little time, so I'm not too worried...I don't think...I mean, I do have a couple of things in the works. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment