Thursday, August 8, 2013

Throwback Thursday Storytime: Most Romantic Date I Have Ever Had :)

All of my dating experiences haven't been horrible.  When I was in college, there was this guy that I dated for about 2.5 years.  I will call him Ike.  To this day, he is the best boyfriend I have ever had.  He opened car doors, regular doors, pulled out chairs for me, etc. the whole time we dated.  I never had suspensions of him cheating, he was just an all around good guy.  We dated for 7 months before making it official on Valentine's Day.

He was my first real Valentine and this date was the most romantic date I have ever been on.
We got dressed and met up at his dorm.  I had on this gorgeous red dress that hugged every curve just right.  He had on some Khaki pants and a dress shirt.  He looked so cute!

We exchanged gifts.  If I remember correctly, I bought him some candy and an external hard drive, because that is what I heard him say he wanted.  He bought me this huge, overpriced stuffed bear, my favorite chocolates, and a digital camera, which is exactly what I wanted!  The night was off to a great start.

We headed to his car because we were going to eat at a place called The Last Resort.  The ambiance in this place was magical.  It was really dim, soft music played and it was just perfect.  We were led to a table in the back, where it was nice and quiet, no children or obnoxious people, and the table was decorated with this beautiful creme candle.  (You know candles always make everything super romantic and everyone always looks beautiful sitting behind the glow of a candle).   We talked and began looking over the menu.  To my surprise, almost every dish included something I was allergic to...I began feeling discouraged as I continued to search the menu.  I finally found something.  Ike and I ordered and I politely reminded him that he had ordered something that I am allergic to, so there will be no kissing what so ever.  He just smiled, his usual charming smile and said, "It's ok, we can just stop back by the dorm and I will brush my teeth."  I don't know many guys that would have done that, but this type of thing was normal for him...he was so perfect!

Dinner was amazing despite the fact that I only had 1 choice off the menu.  We talked and flirted like we had just met.  That is 1 thing about Ike and I...our passion for each other was high throughout our entire relationship.  I was always attracted to him- from his perfect facial hair to his perfectly chiseled abs, arms, and legs.  :)  (I'm having a flashback, I need to stop thinking about that so I can finish this post lol)!

After dinner, we headed back to his dorm so he could brush the allegens out of his mouth.  After that, we decided to go to the movies.  On the way to the car...we started talking about our relationship and love.  He said that he knew I loved him and I told him that I knew he loved me.  He told me to say it...Although I was very comfortable around him, I was nervous.  Never in all my life had I ever told anyone I loved them first, but the truth is that I loved this dude...a lot.  So, I said it, he said it back and he asked me to be his girlfriend.  Yeah, we did it ol' school style.  (I prefer a guy to ask me to be his girlfriend so we are both on the same page.  There is nothing worse then a guy saying you are his girlfriend and you are like...whoa, no I'm not)!  Of course after that, there was a mini makeout session by the car, because we were finally official and we finally said the "L" word.

After that we headed to the movies.  I can't remember what movie we saw, but I remember not being able to pay much attention to the movie because I was so happy and I wanted that moment to last forever.  Although the date was simple, it was amazing because it was full of romance, love, and it was with a guy who I will always remember because he showed me what is it like to be with a real man.  He valued my opinion, we shared our morals, he never annoyed me, we didn't share the intimate details of our relationship with our friends-so no one knew our business, he complimented me, and our chemistry was through the roof.  Even after him and I broke up, we were still able to be friends.  To this day, we are still friends.  Whoever he marries is going to be 1 lucky woman because he is actually even better looking than he was in college, which I didn't know was even possible.

I hope that when I find "the 1" we are something like him and I were.  I miss that feeling of being in love and being wanted by a guy that I thought was the man of my dreams.  I'm still hopeful that 1 day God will place me and "the 1" right in front of each other and we won't overlook each other, we will know that this very moment was planned and we are right where we are supposed to be.  Everytime I look into his eyes, I want to fall in love all over again...OMG, I sound like a corny romance novel!







4 comments:

  1. Why not just get back with this guy. You are still friends, and he appears to be single.... just give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be honest, this was a while back. He has changed quite a bit. Since we have become friends we talk about everything. He isn't the guy that I dated back then. I know the things he does and I am not sure that we are compatible on that level anymore.

      Delete
  2. I agree with what the first person said. IF everything was perfect and the timing was wrong try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooooo, don't agree lol. I don't think I want him anymore.

      Delete