Thursday, August 15, 2013

Throwback Thursday Storytime: The Panty Bandit




I had to be about 19 years old in college, just learning the ins and outs of dating.  I didn't have many boyfriends in high school because I heard a lot of horror stories from my friends and I knew a lot of the guys and they would tell me the things they would do to girls and I wasn't really trying to be a statistic LOL!

One of my close friends at the time, I will call her Von, convinced me to try dating someone older.  I hadn't dated much, but I just knew older men was NOT going to be my thing...but against my better judgment I fell into peer pressure.
  Now Von was dating a guy who had to be like 32 years old.  She said the guy she was with had a younger brother who was still older and she wanted us to meet.  We decided to go to Dave N' Busters.  I was super nervous because she told me this guy was 25 and I couldn't stop thinking that I'm 19, he's 25, he is probably going to want things from me that I was not willing to give up.  Yes, I was a virgin and I wasn't just going to let any guy all up in my "cookie jar"...EW!

Anyway,  the guy showed up and he was gorgeous!  I am usually not attracted to bald headed men, but this guy was probably the finest bald man I have ever seen and he had amazing style.  He was really friendly and we just really clicked.  We exchanged numbers and we hung out pretty frequently and he never pressured me about my "cookie jar", which was securely locked and impossible to open.

The more we talked, the more he opened up.  he told me that he did some wholesale work for Victoria's Secret so he could get me any type of panties and bras I wanted.  (Remember this, it will be important later).  I passed on the offer...I thought it was a bit intimate and my gut told me that probably wasn't a good idea.

One day, a female called my phone from his house number and said she was his girlfriend of however many years and that she learned that he had been trying to date me.  I was in shock!  She said she wasn't calling about that because she didn't want him anymore.  I was a bit confused...I couldn't believe he had a girlfriend!!!  She continued by saying that he had gotten locked up for stealing undies from Victoria's Secret and he called her and told her to call me and give me his money to get him out....wait...WHAT?!  He called HIS girlfriend...and told her to call ME....to give me HIS MONEY....to get him out of JAIL!  I felt like I was in the twilight zone!

I politely told his girlfriend that I didn't know he was involved with anyone and I am sorry for whatever role I may have played in the demise of their relationship.  I thanked her for not calling me acting crazy because in the end he is the bad guy, not me.  I told her that I would have to decline on getting him out of jail because as far as I was concerned, he could stay in there and I never wanted to talk to him again.

As soon as I got off the phone with the girlfriend, I called my friend Von and told her everything.  All we could do was laugh because never in a million years did we think that he was a panty thief!  Wholesale for Victoria's Secret?!  Right!  I told her that would be the last time I would date an older guy if that is what I have to look forward to LOL!

Probably 6 months later, I ran into the guy when I was out somewhere.  When I saw him, I tried to turn around because I didn't really have anything to say to him, but he had already seen me.  he walked over and said he was sorry for everything.  I said ok, I forgive you and walked away.  That was the last time I ever saw the panty thief.

This is probably the first time that I realized how powerful a women's intuition is.  My gut told me I didn't want to really meet this guy and my gut also told me to not accept any undies from him.  Lesson: Always follow your gut.


No comments:

Post a Comment