Monday, June 17, 2013

It's Not Meet The Parents....It's Meet My Crazy Ex!


This weekend, I went on a "date" with a guy that I have met twice at 2 different places.  (I put date in quotes, but our first date wasn't exactly a date...I'll explain later).  Let me give you a little background.  I went to Barnacles, which is a restaurant that turns into a bar/club after a certain time with one of my female friends probably late last year.  Her and I were having a great time when this guy, who I will call Nilo came up to me and started talking and buying us drinks.  He was really nice so we exchanged numbers.

We didn't talk that much after exchanging numbers, which is probably my fault because I had a lot going on at the time, so we lost touch.  By lost touch, I mean I erased his number lol.  Anyway, I ran into him again recently at another club and he came up to me and invited me to his VIP section.
As soon as I saw him I recognized him and I assumed that he recognized me too.  Once I was ready to go, he asked for my number, I told him that he may already have it and he looked confused.  I told him to let me see your phone and I proceeded to dial my number and my name popped up.  he laughed and I went ahead and took him number and saved it.

Nilo and I chatted via text almost everyday for a couple of weeks and sprinkled in a couple of phone conversations in the 2 week period.  He made it pretty clear that he wanted to take me out.  I decided that I would go ahead and go since he was nice and I think he is a gentleman.

Now Nilo's idea of taking me out is not my idea of a first date...we went to 3 different clubs in 1 night.  Yes, I said 3!  He picked me up, we went to a small club that had some of the best and most unique hookah I had ever seen.  When we arrived at spot #1, I knew it was going to be an interesting night.  Here's why.  He led me over to a VIP section with what appeared to be a lot of friends and cousins and his twin brother.  As soon as we walked into his section, a lured him over to her with her finger and embraced him like she was ready to take off her clothes at a moment's notice.  While he was speaking to her, he never once turned around to introduce me to her or her friends, so I stood there a bit annoyed and tried to piece together exactly what was going on.  I assumed maybe she liked him or maybe she was an ex or something.  He led me over to a seat and said he would be right back.

The entire time that he was gone, this mystery female and her friends kept looking at me and they appeared to be discussing me.  I wasn't necessarily nervous, but I was confused and I hoped whoever she was wasn't crazy.  While I was sitting there, kind of alone, his cousin and his girlfriend introduced themselves and poured me a drink and offered me some hookah.  Nilo finally comes back and still doesn't mention his mystery friend.  I decide that I'm not going to worry about it because I'm not really that into him yet so I'm just going to have a good time.

As people come and go from the section, I eventually end up next to his mystery friend.  She leans toward me and says,"I'm not trying to be rude or nosy, but are you and him dating?"  First of all, if you have to say that you aren't trying to be rude or nosy....you are.  I politely tell her no and she explains that she is his ex-girlfriend and that they still have sex on the regular basis.  I played it cool and I told her that him and I aren't together.  She proceeds to ask if he is trying to date me and I tell her that I don't know, because I really don't know his intentions at this point.  She then says and I quote, "Well, I just wanted to know because I open up my body for him and I don't want to be disrespected."  Um...can you say TMI?!  I know what sex is and I know what happens during sex...I don't want to hear about her or anyone else "opening up their body" LOL!

Since she was being descriptive, I decided, maybe I needed to spell it out for her.  I looked her square in the eyes and said, "I have never seen his penis and I don't want to see his penis, so you have nothing to worry about."  She smiled and turned to her friends probably told them that the death stares and side-eyes were no longer needed because after that conversation, all I got was smiles from her and her friends.

Nilo motions for me to come with him and we leave the club.  Once outside, he tells me that she is his ex.  I told him I know because she told me and we head to the next spot, which happens to be a strip club called Follies.  He heads directly to the door and skips the line that is packed with tons of people.  Once inside, we find his cousin and his girlfriend.  Nilo buys me a drink and a dance from a gorgeous stripper with a perfect body.  (Being in Atlanta, getting bought a lap dance is like a guy buying you a drink LOL.  I guess it's just the culture of things here, so getting a lap dance from a stripper doesn't really phase me). 

After that we say goodbye to his friends and head to Cream, another club.  Here, we head to another VIP section, where we find all of the people from the first club, including his ex and her friends.  His ex takes 1 look at me and starts crying and talking about how she is his ex and she thinks that the 3 of us, need to have a conversation outside.  Maybe it was the alcohol, but I really wasn't in the mood to be listening to her sob story, so I tell her that maybe she should have a conversation with him.  I can't remember if she said anything to him, but when him and I left the club, she was right behind us.  As soon as we reach the car, she goes into her rant and crying...again.  I look at him and he is just staring at her with this blank expression.  It was kind  of funny, but I definitely didn't laugh, because it wasn't the time.

He opened the front door and I got in the car.  She opens the backdoor and gets in the car.  He walks around and gets in the driver's seat, he turns and looks at her and asks if she is staying in the car or if she is getting out.  She says that she is staying on the car and closes the door.  There were probably about 3 seconds of silence after she closed her car door and she started ranting again.  She was yelling the entire drive.  I must mention that she did stop screaming just long enough to tap me and say, "Sweetheart, where do you live?"  I turned and told her I lived in Norcross and she replied by saying, "Oh, ok, I just wanted to make sure he was going the right way."  After that she went back to her conversation about how she opens up her body for him.  I guess I can't say it was a conversation because he never said a word back to her.

During her never-ending rant, I looked at him and whispered, "Are you going to say anything?"  He shook his head no and continued to drive.  We arrived at my house and I waiting for them to drive off before heading in the direction of my apartment...just in case she was crazy, I didn't want her trying to knock on my door.

After I got settled in bed, my phone rings and it's Nilo.  I decide to answer.  He says he wants to come back and talk.  Now, do I look dumb, stupid, or idiotic?  As 1 of my ex's mother used to say, "There is nothing open late except Waffle House and legs!"  LOL, my legs def weren't about to be open, so I advised him that him and I can talk tomorrow and that I am going to bed.

I fall asleep.  Next thing I know, my doorbell is ringing.  I get out of bed because I refuse to believe this dude is at my door.  I take 1 look out of the peephole and see his face and I go straight back to bed.  I don't know how long he was ringing my doorbell or blowing up my phone, but I know that he isn't coming in my house at this hour!

The next morning, Nilo wastes no time in calling me to do a little damage control.  He again explains that this girl is his ex and that she is an ex, so she is exhibiting "typical ex behavior."  He said he wants to see me again and continue to get to know me.  I could be wrong, but I think they probably are still having sex and she acted crazy because although she is his ex, she still has feelings for him and doesn't want another female breaking up their little situation.  She probably still has sex with him so that she can hang onto whatever it is that she thinks they still have left.  He probably just views it as sex.  Either way, there is too much going on and I'm not interested.  I went on this date hoping to get to know him and at the very least make a new friend.  Needless to say, him and I will only be friends because a first date shouldn't consist of club hopping and dealing with someone's ex.  I guess I can't complain because I met him at a club, but I think that depending on what it is that you are trying to do with a woman, you have to treat her accordingly.  This "date," the fact that he said nothing to his ranting ex, and the fact that he showed up to my door at 3 in the morning leads me to believe that he probably just wants to have sex with me and nothing more.

Nilo and I can be friends and hang out, but as far as a relationship goes, it doesn't look to good for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment